Could this be you? Join the DMC team by applying for our latest Equipment Room Manager position.
The DMC is now seeking a new Equipment Room Manager for the Spring 2013 academic term.
This position will manage and monitor a diverse selection of multimedia equipment for check out by SOU students, staff and faculty, including camera, sound and lighting gear.
Job functions include:
- Reliably cover shifts in the DMC’s equipment room.
- Manage and provide record-keeping for all check-outs and returns of DMC equipment.
- Maintain accurate equipment inventory.
- Keep equipment properly stored and organized.
- Assess and manage repairs as needed.
- Provide basic usage guidelines, troubleshooting and assistance to other students with equipment.
- Monitor and support student multimedia production labs in the DMC.
- Communicate equipment, studio and computer lab availability with faculty and staff
- Maintain a list of suggested equipment purchases and needs
- Monitor and support the DMC’s television and film production studios.
- Provide basic community management for the DMC’s social media presence, including updates on Facebook, Twitter and other platforms.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Able to do accurate, detail-oriented record-keeping, and maintain records in the database system.
- Knowledgeable about diverse multimedia production tools, including video & cameras, sound equipment and lighting and grip equipment.
- Able to provide basic computer support.
- Able to use social media platforms to provide professional-quality posts.
Eligibility for this half-time position is limited to current students of Southern Oregon University. If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter by email to DMC Academic Coordinator Erik Palmer at email@example.com. To ensure priority consideration for this position, please submit the requested information no later than April 7, 2013. Interviews will be conducted during the week of April 8-13, and the successful candidate will begin work no later than April 16.